Sunday, March 9, 2008

Musing...

Oh my friends...
It is late. I am tired. My mom looks very cozy in her bed, and I'd like to be too...but it takes too long to brush my teeth. Would anyone like to join me in boycotting daylight savings? Just for fun? Doesn't it feel like there should be another day between Sunday and Monday?
And aren't Sundays strange? The more in tune I think I'm getting with resting and community, the harder Sundays seem to be...such a bizarre combination of rest and stress, delight and frustration that goes along with being human and loving other humans.
The terrible clarity of having the heavy burden of loving others thrust on you and realizing that you can carry it.

And I wonder if the first thing we will notice about heaven will be the smell, the smell of good food cooking.

Okay. Goodnight.

4 comments:

LarryBoy! said...

Ha! next year i'm going to set my clock half an hour back, instead of a whole hour, and leave it that way for the rest of my life! I mean who invented day light savings anyway? stupid person

Beth said...

My Sundays have been really good this year. I really like beginning and ending the day with worship. And popcorn. I really like popcorn. :)

But I agree that Sundays are also hard. They're awfully short. And I think I'm not nearly as diligent in preparing for worship as I should be. Also...community IS hard. Sometimes being with people seems to amplify my aloneness. And people don't always live up to my (unrealistic) expectations. But sometimes too community becomes family, and that is such a blessing - a blessing that I've experienced a lot this Fall and Winter...

bellabella said...

those were some intresting musings there...

Rachel said...

So I found out that in Indiana, they didn't have daylight savings until two years ago.... I had no idea there was anywhere people didn't have daylight savings, well, at least in America.