Sunday, July 26, 2009

Bubble trees

For the first time in a year. It gets to the point where you feel embarassed writing anything because it's been so long. But Annie tells me that she still checks this blog because she likes the name "A Bubble Tree" and I'm realizing that I also really like the name "A Bubble Tree," and that's a good enough reason to keep a blog going, isn't it?
By the way, in case you don't know, there are bubble trees in Perelandra by C. S. Lewis, a book all people everywhere should read. They're sort of shower trees; you stand underneath them and wait while the bubbles swell and swell until finally one bursts on your head and drenches you in a very refreshing way. If this was supposed to be a metaphor for the way my blog would nourish and fertalize and cleanse all of your souls or something than my bubble tree died a long time ago, but it wasn't a metaphor, just a good name, and a really good book, so I can go on merrily not updating and not feeling guilty about it. Except I do feel guilty. I think I'll start posting quotes.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yippee!! Welcome back to the blogosphere. Sorry for making you feel guilty, but I'm happy it has resulted in your reappearance.

Unknown said...

quotes are good :)

Rachel said...

yay! I have a tab to check on your blog, but you never wrote... and I was sad.... but now I have created a new blogger account, and can "follow" you on here. :D

Annie Chase said...

and I'm a loser cuz I just checked it and it has been quite a while since you wrote that but I feel honored and really intrigued by the whole bubble tree thing. You have sparked my interest Leta.